Introduction of CGCS
Centre for Greater China Studies (CGCS) aims to enhance interdisciplinary research that highlights the rise of China and its impact on the rest of the world. The CGCS has two major objectives. First, it serves as a research platform to formulate and promote Greater China studies at HSU. Its second objective is to facilitate academic exchange and cooperation between local and international scholars.
The CGCS will focus on four key areas:
1) To facilitate research on the Belt and Road Initiative and the Big Bay Area Development.
2) To encourage research on interactions between China and the rest of the world and accompanying problems that may occur.
3) To promote digital research methods and apply related knowledge to the field of Greater China studies.
4) To set up a “Greater China Research Network” website which would be used to engage in various types of academic activities and online publication.
To advance understanding of the contemporary development of the Greater China and its relationship with Hong Kong
To provide a platform to enhance interdisciplinary research concerning Greater China region.
1. To improve the quality of teaching and research undertaken by HSU faculty and students in the Greater China field;
2. To foster a better understanding among Hong Kong citizens, especially HSU faculty and students, of how the Greater China region is changing and developing;
3. To promote research on the Greater China region by integrating HSU resources;
4. To explore how the rise and development of China affects Hong Kong, and what we can learn from it;
5. To promote exchange and cooperation between academic institutions in Hong Kong, China, and Taiwan.